Andrew Currie(312) 316-4494
- Recent graduate of Animation Mentor. Recipient of the Mentor’s Choice Award. Work featured in the school’s 2017 and 2018 Student Showcase, website, and social media.
- Experienced as a camera and layout artist specialized in previs, scene layout, camera work, and editing.
Cinematic Lead, Firaxis Games / 2K Games (2009 - present).
- Responsibilities: Camera work and layout for narrative and marketing cinematics; real-time cameras seamlessly integrated into gameplay; previs for cinematics and game design. Also: lighting, rendering, scripting, art direction, bug-fixing, editing, and compositing.
- Collaboration with programming, animation, art, and effects teams.
- Principal cinematic artist on award-winning XCOM series, with an average Metacritic score of 88.
Shareholder and Artist, Sleepwalker Media, LLC (2009).
- Established a new company with former members of Midway’s cinematics team to create cinematics, animation, and previs for TV, film, and game clients such as Gearbox, Epic Games, and the US Army.
Midway Games (2004 - 2009).
- Designed the cinematic style and art direction, created animatics, reviewed and approved artists’ shots.
- Acted as point of contact for the client, managed artists and production schedule.
- Shot cameras and laid out complex cinematic sequences in a wide variety of genres. Created real-time cameras using proprietary tools. Tasks also include previs, editing, lighting, rendering, and fixing bugs.
- Titles: Blitz: The League (1 and 2), NBA Ballers (2 and 3), Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, Stranglehold, The Wheelman.
Illustrator/Animator, e-Enterprise, Purdue University (2003).
- Created animations and illustrations for research sponsors such as NASA and DuPont.
Teacher’s Assistant, Purdue University (2001).
- Instructed a lab in “Technical Sketching,” a freshman level CG course.
Caricature Artist, Sea World San Antonio (1999 - 2001).
Animation MentorDiploma in Advanced Character Animation Studies, 2016-2018.
- Mentor’s Choice Award.
- Work selected for 2017 and 2018 Student Showcase.
- Featured on school’s website, social media pages, and promotional materials.
- “Peer Buddy” volunteer.
- Mentors: Nate Wall (Pixar), Dimos Vrysellas (Brown Bag Films), Drew Adams (Dreamworks), Ray Chase (Reel FX), Dave Burgess (Animal Logic), Sean Sexton (Dreamworks).
Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana.Bachelor of Science, Computer Graphics, May 2003 (With Distinction).
- Computer Animation Specialization.
- Dean's List each semester, Honors.
- 3.78/4.00 GPA.